Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Facebook Fake Hacking

I see this happening a lot lately. Why do people think they are cool by doing this? For one, you are not even hacking anything. The person ether - A. Left their Facebook open on their computer or B. Has their email and password saved to their browser of choice.

I don't even know why they call it hacking? It has nothing to do with hacking. It is called unauthorized use. As a matter of fact. If you do this. You are in breach of terms. Check it for yourself. https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms Check Section 3 sub-paragraph 5. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.

Although Facebook does not really enforce this term. I see it happening all the time. It gets annoying because so many people are doing it and claiming they hacked it! When in fact, a large amount of Facebook users do get hacked or phished every day! Is it worth reporting, not really. I doubt Facebook would even take action against it.

Hopefully the fad of doing it will stop on its own. I get tired of seeing people do it to a friend's profile, I don't want to unsubscribe them from my updates though. A majority of the time they post regular things. So I guess I will just have to bare with it for now. At least until it dies out or Facebook finally takes actions and deletes accounts because of it.

Oh wait, they wouldn't do that. They would lose out on all that advertisement money that user generates from pageloads.

No comments:

Post a Comment