Monday, January 2, 2012

Hashtags on Facebook

Recently I have seen tons of my friends using hashtags on Facebook. The bad part is, it isn't a cross platform thing with Twitter. They just say something as a status then #hashtag a phrase. It wouldn't bother me so much if they it was posted from their twitter, but most of the time it is posted from mobile or directly from Facebook. Here is a sample of what I am talking about.

I kept my name open, yet preserved the identities of everyone else. It must be the new thing to do. I don't quite understand why they use it like that. It used to just be *lovin life*, or something along those lines. It just bothers me that people are using technology wrong.

Not to say something out of place, but I notice that only certain people do this the most. I noticed the most used group of people (in my opinion) are African Americans, then 2nd comes in as the white people who want to be gangster/thugs...So I am not just saying that one group does it, but it seems like the genre of people are doing it. Maybe they was never taught how to properly use hashtags?

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment