Sunday, February 22, 2009

How To Get Back 20% Of Your Bandiwdth Back From Microsoft

Someone had asked me if I knew how to speed up their internet connection without using some kind of spyware or program to do it. Well I didn't really know of a way, but me being the person I am and I love to help people so I started searching for a way. Well I came accross a video on youtube. I'm not going to show it because it only shows it half way threw the video. It is much easier to just tell you

Click Start–>Run–>type “gpedit.msc” without the “

This opens the group policy editor.


Local Computer Policy–>Computer Configuration–>Administrative Templates–>Network–>QOS Packet Scheduler–>Limit Reservable Bandwidth


Double click on Limit Reservable bandwidth. It will say it is not configured, but the truth is under the ‘Explain’ tab :

“By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default.”


Updated: Feb 24, 2009 - Added pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment